/* Just Say No. The American Community Survey
Send As SMS

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Look Who's Talking!

I'm searching within Blogger for "American Community Survey". So far I've looked at about 100 out of 2238 results. Google produces 426,000 results using the same search words. Some are personal blogs or websites without comments, some are active forums not particularily associated with the ACS. My temporary conclusion after reading so many entries and posts is this: No matter who you are or what your focus may be— when The ACS Census Packet arrives, the internet becomes your confidant, your soapbox, your therapist, your teacher, and a reliable source of information.

As I keep searching, I'll add more. This could be in the Links section but I wanted to add some commentary.

5 Comments:

At 4/04/2008 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My apologies to those of you here who are also posting to my own blog about the ACS: I’ve moved to a new city, am back in college, and just went heads-down for a few months. The thread “‘None of Your Business!': the American Community Survey” is back in business.

Keep up the good fight, folks!

http://www.survivalarts.com/archives/001095.html

 
At 3/22/2010 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are NOT paranoid. There is something VERY real going on here.

I am not against the census--though I think only citizens should be filling out the form.

I am against THE AMERICAN COMMUNITY SURVEY. There is no reason for my government to know if I have a flushing toilet in my home, or a frig, or the exact time to the minute I leave my house for work--or that I am required to give out personal and intimate information about my roommates--who would sue me if I gave out t heir personal information.

The tactics they use to get one's personal information are reminiscent of what bill collectors do to get money.

I do not owe my government my personal financial information or intimate habits.

Sit and spin Census Bureau. We're ready for your well-trained reps to show up on our door.

 
At 2/08/2011 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if this could be considered an "unreasonable search and seizure" according to the constitution? I'm surprised the ACLU hasn't taken on the government on this one.

 
At 10/06/2011 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FUK DAT FUGGIN SHIT MMAAAANNN!

 
At 7/09/2012 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This ACS is a threat to the little amount of freedom that we have left in America. Government is always demanding and penalizing because people want to keep some things private that should not and cannot be of use to anyone but the person who the information belongs to. Why are these people allowed to stay in business? Who can disband these people?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home